Maria de la Iglesia
Lives and works in London, UK
2009-2010 MA Photojournalism and Documentary Photography at London College of Communication (Distinction)
2007-2009 Worked as full time assistant to Photographer Fede Serra.
2003-2007 BA Honours Photography at Dublin Institute of Technology (Grade 2.1)
· Uncommon Ground Final show of MA Photojournalism and Documentary Photography in London College of Communication. UK. 2010
· ‘I (heart) street photography’ by So Shoot Me collective in The Book Club, London, UK. 2010
· ‘The Royal Dublin Society (RDS) Art Student Awards Exhibition’. Dublin, Ireland. 2007
· Photoworks in the Gallery of Photography. Dublin, Ireland. 2007
· ‘Totally Dublin Artwork Retrospective’ - 2004-2007 in The Shaw Space, The Bernard Shaw, Portobello. Dublin, Ireland.
· Portent in La Catedral Studios, Dublin, Ireland. 2006
· ‘Hands’ Amnesty International campaign Stop Violence Against Women in the Film Base, Dublin, Ireland. 2005
The Royal Dublin Society (RDS) Dublin, Ireland.
· Recipient of Paul Graham residency/ workshop by Botin Foundation , Santander, Spain 2011
· Finalist Deutsche Bank Awards 2011
· Selected for Descubrimientos PHE11. PHOTOESPAÑA International Photography Festival , 2011
· Shortlisted in the exhibition Woman as Photographer: Documenting Life as a Woman. Minneapolis Photo Center Galleries , 2011